Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Life

Hey ya'll He he, Lots happening here on the farm. Our plantains are coming up nicely. We have enjoyed Mangoes from our own trees this year for the first time. All the trees in our town gave fruit this year. It is usually too cold and wet up here in the mountains but we had been suffering from drought this year and it has been very hot. I guess that was the recipe for getting a nice harvest of Mangoes because we have had more then our share. We have also harvested from our sour sop tree and enjoyed that very much. I had never tasted it before and now I love it. The greatest news this summer was the new arrival of our calf Caramel Sunday or Domingo in Spanish. He was born on Sunday July 20th. Now we are enjoying lots of fresh milk. I can't wait to make yogurt, cheese, sour cream, butter, whipped cream, and butter milk too. The milk tastes really good and I am even more glad that I don't have to pay 6 bucks a gallon anymore. pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment